Sorry for abandoning my 3 followers and the constant appearance of gruesome spelling or grammatical errors. Whenever I remember this blog exists I try to breeze through it by writing a quick post. I guess that means I must not really care about this blog anymore. However, if that were true I wouldn't bother writing at all, so lets just settle for I care about this blog somewhat but I'm kinda lazy in following up with it.
So now that the explanation is out of the way, I'll get to the tv I've been watching. I should also mention I'm in Paris now so that is gonna be even more of a reason why you probably wont hear much from me for a few months after this post. Well lately I was on winter break and during that I took it upon myself to familiarize myself with almost all of the Soap operas on tv or should I say four soaps currently on the air and one soap that was canceled. The soaps are The Young and The Restless, One life to live, Days of Our lives, General Hospital and Passions.
Some of these soaps already had a special place in my tv/media watching brain but they garnered(is that the right word?) more of an appreciation when I learned of the 20 years of history and backstory that came with all of my favorite characters and hated ones. These are pretty much all similar with tortured loved stories and twisted people who do twisted things for no good (or should I say self serving) reasons. They will all keep you hooked and you should check them out. they all come on network tv and now you can find most of these shows on their respective channel's website (since most of these soaps air between the hours of 12:30-4 and we supposedly have lives that we should be leading during that time).
Also if you haven't already jumped on the bandwagon. Watch Glee and Modern Family. Two new shows and the times no longer conflict since Glee will be moving to Tuesdays in April and Modern Family still holds down its slot at 9 on Wednesday. They both provide intrigue, but in different ways. If you don't believe me, believe the Golden Globes. I kinda wish I had been more vigilant so you guys would know that I knew the potential within these shows before the critics had their chance to tell you. lol
One show that is pure garbage and people should steer clear of is The Secret Life of the American Teenager. It is totally mind numbing but people still watch it. whoever writes for this show better start getting some GOOd ideas and stop bringing back (don't wanna say it but must) hasbeens(sp?) of the 80's and 90's. Blossom, Molly Ringwald, no offense. but this show is dumb!!! No wonder John Schnider got himself killed off. lol
Oh one last thing Bad Girls Club and Jersey Shore both trashy reality tv but so awesomely trashy and good that you need to watch. I promise you wont feel ripped off or like you wasted your time. These two shows are good stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment